Our top tips to create the perfect Easter egg hunt!
With the welcome arrival of sunny spring, it’s time to get the little ones outdoors and burn off some of their boundless energy! An Easter egg hunt is a neat way for the whole family to mark this special holiday that runs from Good Friday, April 19 to Easter Monday, April 22.
Depending on where you live, you can find organised egg hunts in your neighbourhood, but if busy Moms can spare a little extra time for planning, you can create a super-fun Easter egg hunt in your own backyard.
We’ve got a handful of top tips to help you create the ultimate egg hunt that’s guaranteed to keep your little bunnies happy and entertained this Easter.
- Get creative: A couple of days before the egg hunt, it’s fun to decorate Easter baskets. This crafty activity helps to get kids’ creativity flowing and builds excitement for the egg hunt. Baking some easy peasy Easter treats can also be cool – try these delicious chocolate Easter egg nest cakes (no baking required!).
- April showers: The night before, remember to check the weather. If the forecast says April showers, you might want to move your egg hunt from the backyard or park, to indoors. And don’t worry – kids will have just as much fun searching high and low for hidden eggs at home, but without getting those ever so cute Easter outfits rained on!
- No tears or tantrums: To cut out any drama, hide different coloured eggs and let your little ones know which colour and how many of each they have to find. This will stop the older ones finding them all first and splits the chocolate and candy treats out fairly, which we all know is VERY important to keep the peace!
- Enjoy it: Make some of the eggs harder to find than others. You don’t want your egg hunt to be over too soon, and you can always prepare some clues in advance when they’re stumped on where next to look. And remember, the egg hunt isn’t over until all the eggs are found, so keep a track of this.
- Looking good: And finally, if you and yours are going for a special Easter brunch, family lunch or you’re off to Sunday mass, Egg New York’s new Spring/Summer collection will help to make the occasion look and feel even more special. Our design director and Mom, Mahalia Seigel has handpicked a couple of special Easter outfits to get the holidays started.
For girls: I love the Bella dress in Chambre with its charming strawberry print which is great paired with a legging and a simple cotton cardi to throw on if it gets nippy. A frilly gold sandal takes this style up a notch and creates a chic look for your little bunny on Easter.
For boys: With all the excitement of an Easter egg hunt, I know that my little boy will enjoy wearing something comfortable to race about in. Enter our classic Adrian Shirt with a mini moto print in white which teamed with super soft khaki pants is smart AND comfy. These cool white and navy sneakers will win me some brownie points and happily completes the look.
For baby: You just can’t go wrong with an Egg New York romper! They’re so soft against baby’s skin and are great quality, easy-care staples pieces – the biggest decision is which one to choose from our fabulous range of prints and colours.
Share the love
Share your Easter pics with us by following us on Instagram @eggnewyork and tagging #eggnewyork in your pics. Wishing all our lovely Egg New York family a joyful and happy Easter holiday.
If you have any queries, please just hit us up! https://www.egg-baby.com/customer-service/